PADI Open Water Diver
The student will learn the knowledge and techniques necessary to dive autonomously with a partner and without supervision of a professional. The Open Water Diver course is divided into 3 parts.
1. THEORETICAL PART
It is composed of 5 topics, where the principles, procedures and general diving information are established. It can be done in paper format or on the Online platform from home.
Once reviewed the 5 subjects with your instructor will proceed to a final exam to be able to evaluate what has been learned.
LET'S CONTINUE YOUR TRAINING
2. PRACTICAL PART (POOL OR CONFINED WATER)
This section seeks to reinforce and complement what has been learned in the theory and get closer to the diving equipment, doing activities in shallow waters.
Normally this section is done in two days (2 hours each day) in the case that the student needs more hours, it will be the instructor who will let him know.
3. DIVES IN THE SEA
In this section there will be 4 dives in the open sea, from shore or boat according to the sea conditions. The techniques learned in the pool will be repeated, adding some new exercises and gradually increasing the dive depth.
These 4 dives will be distributed, if possible, between Tarifa and Barbate so that students can enjoy two of the most important diving spots of Cádiz.
The minimum age for certification is 10 years (O.W.Junior), which must be met before the end of the course and authorization of a parent or guardian.
Be in possession of a medical certificate that justifies that is suitable for diving with autonomous breathing equipment issued in the 2 years prior to the registration of the course.
* All necessary equipment is included
3 - 5 days approximately
WHAT CAN AN OPEN WATER DIVER DO?
- Diving with a qualified partner and without supervision of a professional while applying the knowledge and practices learned, within the limits of their training and experience.
- Obtain air charges, autonomous diving equipment and other services from Dive centers.
- Plan, perform and record open water dives without decompression accompanied by a partner.
- Dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters.
- Graduates from 10 to 14 years old O.W. Junior can not dive more than 12 meters deep, becoming 18 meters maximum depth when they reach 15 years, without having to do any additional course)